Tonya Meyer has more than 30 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, marketing, environmental, educational, food and agricultural industries. Mrs. Meyer has a degree in Biology from the University of Iowa and has graduate level work in Mathematics.
Mrs. Meyer’s global environmental experience includes working with corporations in managing, transporting, labeling, and disposing of hazardous wastes from a variety of manufacturing operations. Mrs. Meyer was successful in initiating innovative solutions for economically transporting waste materials. Additionally, she has experience working with rail and trucking operations for waste disposal and coordination of remedial clean-up projects. Her experience in the industrial segment also incorporated regulatory compliance issues faced by industry with product development and hazardous waste solutions.
Mrs. Meyer’s marketing experience includes developing brand recognition, along with creation of marketing materials and development of niche marketing business plans. Mrs. Meyer was a successful business owner from an initial start up to the selling of her business.
Mrs. Meyer is a classically trained educator and has an educational background which encompasses a variety of teaching experiences including sales training, customer service training seminars, environmental education, and primary and secondary education.
In the food industry, Mrs. Meyer has worked with a variety of clients on regulatory compliance issues and interpretation of transportation, labeling, packaging, regulatory jurisdiction issues, and food safety training. Additionally, Mrs. Meyer has worked with Katherine Ann Cahill, CEO of Cahill Consultants on the development and implementation of the Process Achievement Safety Score, PASS© program.
Mrs. Meyer skills and experience provides Cahill Consultants’ clients in the following:
- Successful completion of Cornell University’s Certification Program for Implementing GAP-Produce Safety.
- Assisting business to develop or improve product recall manuals
- Assisting business to develop or improve recall process and procedures
- Facility Reviews for Product Recall Preparedness
- Small business platforms for mitigating risks
- Development of training and educational modules
- Working with industry specific clients who are members of such organizations as Promotional Product Association Industry (PPAI) and Global Gap
- Understanding how to conduct business in China including the risks that are specific to that jurisdiction